The Office of the State’s Attorney is seeking to fill the position of Human Trafficking Case Manager. This is a 1.5 year grant funded position.
The Case Manager will work in the Special Victims Unit in the Office of the State’s Attorney. Their duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with prosecutors in the Special Victims Unit and Juvenile Division to assess and identify potential trafficking victims
- Creating and implementing a victim communication policy that includes referrals to services and mentoring, as necessary
- Representing the Office of the State’s Attorney on the Baltimore Human Trafficking Collaboration led by the Mayor’s Office on Criminal Justice
- Serving as a point of contact for cooperation with federal, state, and local partners
- Implementing an internal data tracking system in Microsoft Access or a similar database management system to track the work of the Office of the State’s Attorney on human trafficking cases
- Collaborating with the Baltimore Police Department and the Mayor’s Office on Criminal Justice on a cross-agency case management/database system to improve the collection of data on human trafficking cases in Baltimore
- Recording all work and completing quarterly grant reports
- Completing other duties as assigned to support the City’s response to human trafficking
This full-time position is located at 120 E Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21202. The selected candidate will be expected to start within 30 days of offer.
Applicants must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree; preferred majors include social work, criminal justice, psychology, sociology or a related field. Applicants must have at least one year of experience working with victims of human trafficking, advocating for victims of human trafficking, researching human trafficking, or similar work experience.
Experience in the criminal justice system and/or working for a law enforcement or public safety agency is preferred. Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Experience in Microsoft Access or similar database management system preferred.
Selected candidates will be required to submit to drug and alcohol testing as well as a criminal background check before starting employment.
Salary: $44,858-$54,520 depending upon experience. Benefits are associated with this position.
All interested persons should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 28, 2017. Please use “Human Trafficking Case Manager” as the subject reference of your email and in your cover letter. Documents must be in pdf or Word format. Position remains open until filled.
THE OFFICE OF THE STATE’S ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.